COLD CEO AND ARROGANT WIFE - Season 3 Episode 20
While enjoying his grapes, Hyson looked at her and said, “Although this gesture of yours is quite commendable, it’d have felt more intimate if you had really peeled these grapes yourself.” He put another juicy and plump grape between his teeth and went on, “But getting this much from you is already feeling like I’ve used up half the luck of my life.”
Raelle didn’t give him any response at all. She just sat there on the chair, with her one leg crossed over the other while her arms were crossed above her chest. Her blank eyes were following the movements of his hand and mouth as he continued to relish in sweetness of the grapes.
“By the way, it’s really surprising that you’re here spending your Sunday with me instead of your husband.”
“We each need our personal space as well,” she replied.
“You just got married about a month ago and you already want personal space?” retorted Hyson. “You should avail every second to bond with him.”
“I can count the number of hours and minutes I spent with you from the moment we first met,” told Raelle. “Although we have known each other the longest, the actual time we spent together isn’t long. What is your opinion about our bond?”
Hyson wiped his hands and mouth with the wet wipes and patted his chest, “I solemnly swear that there is no one in the world who can claim to have a better bond than you and I. Even twins’ telepathy is nothing before the connection between us.” He sounded so assured and proud that Raelle was left staring at his face.
“That means, I don’t have to stick to my husband to deepen our bond.”
When Hyson processed her words, he had to nod along in agreement. Time played no role in human relationships. With some people, you find an instant connection. Like he found in Raelle.
“Come here!” he beckoned her to come closer.
“What is it?”
“Just come here first,” he insisted.
Raelle straightened up and sashayed over to his side. As she stood beside him, she asked, “I’m close enough now.”
Hyson wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her. Raelle paused for a long moment as she let him continue.
“You know, I don’t like hugs,” she said but no attempt to separate herself from him.
“Then you can push me away,” he said it provocatively since he knew she won’t be able to do so.
And indeed, Raelle wasn’t able to push him away. No, it’d be right to say that she could but she didn’t feel like doing it. Besides, it wasn’t like it was their first hug. Although they did rarely hug, each and every hug of theirs had been special.
Suddenly breaking the silence, Hyson asked, “You won’t ask me why I’m doing this?”
“I already know,” replied Raelle. “You want me to stop forcing the production of the movie to shut down.”
Hyson looked up at her, “See! I told you, we have better telepathy than anyone else around the globe.” He rubbed his head against her arm trying to act cute as he said, “Can you not do anything?”
“Sure,” replied Raelle startling Hyson.
“Really?” He was in disbelief. He didn’t think he’ll manage to convince her. After all, Raelle Xiang never changes. What just happened?
“I can certainly let go but after that, this whole thing will go under the control of Yanyan. As we both know, I’ll only take an action to keep this movie from airing, Yanyan won’t stop at that. Do you really wanna see how far she can go?” She leaned over as she looked into his eyes, “You’re the one who once said to me that Yanyan is like the hidden boss of a video game. She always stays at home but the things she could do are unimaginable.”
Hyson gulped at the reminder and shook his head, “No! You can’t let her become a part of this.”
“Then be a good boy and allow me to take care of it,” said Raelle. “I’m not that unreasonable to snatch someone’s work. Every person who is innocent will get a chance to follow a new crew. But the people involved directly or indirectly with your accident will have to pay with something.”
Hyson’s shoulders slumped down, “You once taught me the 90/10 principle of Stephen Covey. It states, 10% of life is made up of what happens to us. But the rest of the 90% depends on what actions or decisions we make because of that 10%. Although the 10% is not under our control, the other 90% is under our control.”
“Exactly where are you trying to get with this reference?” questioned Raelle.
“My accident was like that 10% that wasn’t under my control neither was it under your control. But the rest is under our control. We determine 90% of the rest.”
“And you want to decide that 90% by choosing to forgive them?”
“Aren’t you asking me of something I’m incapable of doing?” Hyson looked up at her as she continued, “You of all people should know, I don’t know what forgiveness is. I only understand one language. If you’ve done something wrong, you should be punished for it.” She took a pause and stressed, “Even if it’s you who has done something wrong, I still won’t be able to bend my principles for you.” She took a breath and straightened up, “You should stop using my words to convince me otherwise.”
Hyson was blanked out for a while but then he shrugged his shoulders and came back to himself, “Well, it was worth a shot. Anyway, I still would like you to go easy on Miss Sora Ke. She has treated me pretty well. I’m not an ingrate. So, I’d like you to keep her out of this.”
“But that assistant Xu Hua is Sora Ke’s cousin,” said Raelle.
“Yeah, so? Her only mistake was to bring her on board. But she couldn’t predict the future. She is a good person, don’t just condemn her for one mistake. Besides, it’s humans who make mistakes. A robot like you won’t understand it.”
“Let me first get the whole situation, only then I’ll decide what to do with her.”
Hyson nodded his head. It was good as long as she agreed to this much. She wasn’t irrational. She won’t retaliate against people who didn’t deserve it.
Seeing how he ruined her mood, even though her face clearly looked the same, he tugged at her sleeve, “Ellie, wanna hear a joke?”
“If I say no, will you shut up?”
“Definitely not.” He grinned at her foolishly.
“Then go on.”
He took the glass of water from the table and showed it to her, “What is this?”
“Can’t you see? Or your brain took a serious hit from the fall?”
Hyson glared at her, “Stop this nonsense.”
“Right back at you, Hyson! You’re asking me a nonsensical question yourself.”
Hyson took a deep breath and claimed himself before continuing, “So, this is water.”
“Good thing your brain is still functioning. Well, at least, it’s barely working.”
“If you are done insulting me, focus!”
“Okay.” Raelle sat back at the chair and let him continue.
“Water is the most powerful thing in the world. For instance, if you are thirsty, just drink water. If you want to lose weight, just drink some more water. And if you want clear skin, drink even more water.”
Raelle couldn’t help interrupting him as she said, “And if friends like you get annoying, we can drown them in the same water as well! Perfect, isn’t it?”
Hyson facepalmed himself, “It must be tiring to not have a sense of humor.”
“I don’t know, you tell me. It’s you who has never managed to make me laugh.”
“It’s because you have no sense of humor!”
“No, it’s because you’re not funny.”
“You!” Hyson pointed at her but couldn’t get another word out of his mouth. So, he ended up sighing and slumping back in defeat. He opened his arms and said, “Come here and give me another hug.”
“No,” refused Raelle.
“Come on! Don’t be stingy!”
“I am stingy!”
“How can you see my heart breaking just over one hug?”
“Don’t you say I’m heartless? I can definitely see anything and everything. Also, my eyesight is good. I can see everything clearly.”
“Elle! Just one hug!”
“Go and hug someone else.”
“But hug without ‘u’ is ‘hg’ and that’s toxic.”
He observed her expressions after throwing his third-rate joke but found not even a flinch yet again. He wasn’t even surprised now.
“Don’t you always say Physics is better than Chemistry? Why are you making Chemistry jokes with me?”
“Maybe my head had really taken a hit from the fall. I’m gonna sleep it off.”
To hide his defeated look, he covered his head with the blanket and refused to look at her.
“Can you breathe in there?”
Hyson didn’t reply to her and continued to sulk on his own. It’s been years and he had been failing at making a joke that was enough to make her react. It was utterly humiliating now.